Come to Think of It, 18-Doses of 18.75 mg Is Fine
In my round 4 wrap-up, I announced that round 5 would be my first experiment at increasing the DMSA strength. Rather than create 18.75 mg capsules, I instead decided to keep the strength at 12.5 mg and increase my doses from every four-hours to every three-hours. This would result in a 1.33x increase in quantity consumed per round. Not quite 1.5x but it was an increase.
After some thinking, I realized it would be easier to simply increase the strength, keeping the interval between doses the same as it has been since I started. I will actually create less new capsules and continue only having to remember to take a dose every four-hours.
As outlined in “A Stopwatch and My Sunday Night Ritual”, I currently pour half of the 25 mg capsule’s content into a new capsule, leaving the remaining DMSA in it’s original capsule. This allows me to only have to create nine new capsules, with the remaining nine coming from the original 25 mg capsule. Pretty easy.
Here is how I am going to create the 18.75 mg capsules:
- Load new capsule into tray
- Empty 25% of a 25 mg DMSA capsule into the new capsule
- Close existing capsule with 75% remaining DMSA content (finished 18.75 mg capsule)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until new capsule has had 25% of three 25 mg DMSA capsules emptied into it
- Close new capsule (finished 18.75 mg capsule)
- Repeat, starting with step one until at least 18 capsules have been created
With this method, every three existing 25 mg capsules will create four 18.75 mg capsules. Because of this, the preparation exercise outlined above will end up creating 20 capsules per round, instead of 18. This will allow me to also increase my round length by two-doses.